“Learning Colors” – A Library Box of Children’s Books & Activities
A Box of Children’s Books
My local library has a set of really cool boxes that kids like me can check out. They are full of children’s books and activities all centered around one theme. One box is has books that tell you about the world. It has a map puzzle, books by international authors, figurine doll toys that represent people from different cultures, and books that show me how different kids around the world live their lives. It was a lot of fun to play with the toys and read those stories. I was super young, so mom will probably check it out again so that we can read those stories again and again as I get older and understand more.
“Learning Colors” Box of Children’s Books
The most recent box of children’s books that we checked out from the library is all about learning colors! There are big books and little books, short board books with textures, and longer story books with beautiful illustrations. The two games included in this box are extremely fun, too! One is a fishing game that’s super easy for me to play. The colorful felt fish have their color written/embroidered on them, and the fishing pole has velcro on the end so that I can “catch” the fish. There’s also a magnet game that let’s me sort colors out. I think both games are great for me because they’re entertaining. They’re also helpful for older kids who already know their colors because it helps them understand them better through these activities.
What’s Inside the “Learning Colors” Box?
Here’s a list of everything in this box:
• Green – by Laura Vaccaro Seeger
• If Everything Were Pink – by Hannah Eliot (board book)
• Colors – published by Alphaprints (board book)
• Learn Every Day About Colors – A Gryphon House Book Edited by Kathy Charmer (activity book)
• Bear Sees Colors – by Karma Wilson & Jan Chapman (hardback story book)
• Press Here – by Herve Tullet (hardback story book)
• The Day the Crayons Came Home – by Drew Daywalt & Oliver Jeffers (hardback story book)
• Color Songs – by Sharon Novak (CD)
• Yesterday I Found an A / The Color Caper – by Dreamscape (DVD)
• Colorpillar Magnetic Maze – by Lakeshore
• Let’s Go Fishing activity by Lakeshore
Which Books Do You Love?
It’s awesome that we can check this box out from the library, and it also gives mom ideas about which books and games I could really benefit from at home. I’m thinking she’s going to get me the fishing game. It’s my absolute favorite.